A Smartphones is a wireless handheld device such as the iPhone and Android that allows users to receive calls, make calls, send text messages and make video calls when necessary. These are advanced versions of traditional cellphones in that they have the same features as cellphones, and even more, which include internet access for browsing and social media usage.
A laptop is a computer that is portable and weighs around 4-8 pounds with numerous components that makes typing and browsing easier. It suitable for use while travelling because of its portability.
There are quite numerous ways to help our mobile phone and Laptop last longer than it should. These ways are not so hard to follows, and they are also easy to implement.
Some of them includes;
1. Shutdown the Mobile/Laptop When Not in Use
When not in use, we are expected to turn off our mobile phone off. Some places such as the Church or meetings promote this medium of battery conservation. The moment we turn off our mobile/laptop, we tend to save the battery usage a bit more than it woulod have been if it were still on. Only do this if it’s going to be for several hours, as the process of turning the phone off or on actually uses a lot of power. This will probably be the most effective and simple way of conserving battery life between charges. If you don’t plan on answering the phone while you’re sleeping or after business hours, just turn it off.
2. Search & Close Battery Draining Application
A laptop and mobile which is newly bought can last for long, but the ability to last longer goes down drastically once you’ve installed application. That’s because many of your application drain your device and prevent it from saving power. To retain and save the battery life from these drainers, you are adviced to close down the mutiples applications that are opened and possibly unistall those which are not in use.
3. Reduce the Screen Brightness and overall screen time
Your Android, iPhone and Laptop uses more battery while the screen brightness is at its maximum. If your battery is low, avoid keeping the screen on while following navigation instructions, don’t watch videos, and stay away from games and apps with lots of animations. If you do have to use the screen, reducing the brightness will conserve more battery power.
Depending on how large or bright your screen is, it can eat up to 70% of your battery! Cranking it up to the maximum will definitely lower your battery life so try to find a nice balance, half brightness will do.
4. Disable Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and/or GPS
Leaving any of these services on when not in use kills your battery life. Leaving Bluetooth on uses battery power even when you’re not paired, and having Wi-Fi enabled causes your phone to constantly search for available access points
5. Steady Use of Airplane mode when you don’t need a steady internet connection.
6. Keep The Battery Cool
On the whole, though, cold is usually less harmful than heat. So if you have the choice between placing your phone in the sun or the shade, the latter is probably preferable.
7. Enable Power Saving Mode when the battery is low.
8. Always Keep an eye on your battery health
If your battery is degraded, it will lower your overall battery life and could even lead to random shutdowns. To check the health of your battery, here’s what you need to do:
- Right-click on your Start button and select Windows Powershell.
2. In the next screen, type in powercfg /batteryreport. Hit Enter.
3. Open up the path that’s being shown in your Windows file explorer, for example: C:\Users\Sandro Villinger\battery-report.html.
4. Scroll down a bit until you see Installed batteries. Under Design Capacity you’ll see the original capacity of your laptop’s battery. Below is the current capacity. In the example above, we’ve already lost around 15% of battery capacity.
Once this exceeds 20-30% you might want to look at replacing the battery.
9. Reduce or Stop the Usage of the Battery When it is Low
The rate at which you use your mobile or laptop should be reduced or stopped the moment you notice your battery is low. It tends to save the little you have left till when you are able toi charge it.
10. Don’t Charge your Device Every Minute
The consistency with which you charge your phone can actually kill it., If you must charge your device every day, please make it highest of two times daiily.
Leave a Reply