What is Food?
Food simply put is any nutritious substance taken into the body through the mouth by people, animals or plants absorb in order to satisfy their taste bud, quench hunger, maintain life and physical growth.
The importance of food is unlimited for humans to live as like as it is important to other animals. Food is the basic human right that is inevitable for humans. We eat to live. Sometimes food may work as medicine and sometimes as poison.
What is Healthy Food?
These are types of food that is rich in with the proper fiest and nutritional value. It is otherwise called balanced diet, and this type of food should be eaten on a daily basis for a better healthy life. It is food that promotes the health of your body and mind.
The Importance of Food for Human to Live
Food has a great influence on us, and we need to practice a habit of proper diet considering the nutritious value of the food. It is better to eat a balanced diet quitting the habit of unhealthy food.
Example of Healthy Food
- Water: Drink 8 to 12 cups of water daily
- Green Vegetables: Eat vegetables at least three to four times a week. Such vegetables include Pumpkin leave, Bitter leave, broccoli, peppers, brussel sprouts and leafy greens like kale and spinach.
- Whole Grains: Eat whole grains at least two or three times daily. Example includes; wheat flour, rye, oatmeal, barley, amaranth, quinoa or a multigrain. A good source of fiber has 3 to 4 grams of fiber per serving. A great source has 5 or more grams of fiber per serving.
- Beans and Lentils: Eat a bean-based meal at least once a week. Add legumes, including beans and lentils, to soups, stews, casseroles, salads and dips or eat them plain.
- Protein: Try to eat proteinous meals like meat, fish, egg and the rest.
- Fruits: Include two to four servings of fruit in your diet each day. Such as berries, apples, mangoes, cashew and oranges.
- Winter Squash: Eat butternut and acorn squash as well as other richly pigmented dark orange and green colored vegetables like sweet potato, cantaloupe and mango.
- Soya bean: 25 grams of soy protein a day is recommended as part of a low-fat diet to help lower cholesterol levels. Example include; soy milk, edamame soybeans, tempeh and texturized vegetable protein (TVP).
- Flaxseed, Nuts and Seeds: Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed or other seeds to food each day or include a moderate amount of nuts – 1/4 cup – in your daily diet.
- Organic Yogurt: Men and women between 19 and 50 years of age need 1000 milligrams of calcium a day and 1200 milligrams if 50 or older. Eat calcium-rich foods such as non-fat or low-fat dairy products three to four times a day. Include organic choices.
Disadvantages of Eating Unhealthy Food
1. Obesity: Poor diet is one of the greatest contributing factors in having overweight or obesity. The World Health Organization estimates that more than 1 billion people worldwide have overweight, and it attributes the problem to diets high in sugar and saturated fat. Increasing the intake of healthful, nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains and decreasing sugar, animal fat and processed carbohydrates can reduce diet-related causes of obesity.
2. Nutrient Deficiency: Unhealthful diets are energy-dense but nutrient-poor, meaning foods are high in calories without providing the vitamins and minerals the body needs. Poor diets are often low in antioxidants, vitamins that boost the immune system and play a role in disease prevention. People who do not consume enough iron also might be at risk of developing anemia.
3. Illness: Heart disease, diabetes and cancer are the leading causes of death for Americans, and these are associated with poor diet and having overweight. High-fat foods clog the arteries, leading to heart disease, and high-sugar foods can lead to type 2 diabetes. A deficiency of vitamins A and C can suppress the immune system and leave you more vulnerable to viruses. A lack of calcium weakens the bones and can lead to osteoporosis.
Decreased expectation and quality of life.
“Bad” example for your children.
Unnecessary Spending of money.
Risk of diabetes.
Risk of respiratory problems.
Importance of Eating Healthy Food
- Vitality: Healthy food leaves you feeling energetic and vital enough to take up tasks and get them done efficiently.
- Promotes Youthful Look: Healthy eating keeps your skin supple and radiant, your eyes bright and your hair in good condition.
- Bone health: Eating plenty of calcium (which can be found in dairy products, fortified non-dairy milks and dark leafy green veggies) wards off diseases like osteoporosis and osteoarthritis in later life.
- Excelling at exercise: A healthy diet is essential for ensuring that your workouts and sports sessions go well.
- Cardiac and circulatory health.: Eat too much fat and your arteries will get clogged, resulting in high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Keeping the brain working: Zinc, omega fatty acids and Vitamin B12 are all important for keeping your cognitive functions (such as memory and problem-solving ability) working at the highest possible level.
- Mood: Staying away from harmful additives wards off mood swings.
- Longevity: Healthy eating is the recipe for a long and happy life.
- Preventing diabetes: Cutting back on sugars is a major factor in preventing yourself from getting Type II Diabetes.
- Good Health: Eating healthily reduces your chance of getting ill as it helps your immune system fight external attack.
Other advantages include:
Being a good role model to your kids.
Feeling fuller for longer.
Feeling great about yourself!
Feeling great about food.
Knowing your body’s needs is so important.
Acquiring new skills: Learning to cook your own healthy meals is one of the most useful skills to acquire
Feeling in control.
Leave a Reply