The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) sector commander in Bauchi, Yusuf Abdullahi, says no fewer than eight persons lost their lives in a second road crash recorded on Thursday.
Mr Abdullahi confirmed the incident on Friday in Bauchi.
The crash occurred barely 11 hours after seven persons lost their lives and two others were injured in a ghastly auto crash on Bauchi-Jos road.
Mr Abdullahi added that four other passengers were wounded in the crash, which occurred in Kafin Liman village along Bauchi-Kano Road around 11:30 p.m.
He explained that the crash involved an articulated vehicle with registration number KMC95YU, a Galaxy Ford bus with plate number NNG21MG and an Opel Vectra car marked BAU490AA.
The sector commander said, “Twelve persons were involved in the crash comprising nine male adults and three female adults. Eight died on the spot. They included five males and three females.”
He added, “Four males sustained serious degrees of injuries. The truck broke down and not properly parked, which is an obstruction on the road and the other vehicles ran into it due to recklessness.”
According to him, the injured persons had been referred to the Kafin Madaki General Hospital for treatment while the corpses were deposited at the morgue in the same facility.
The FRSC commander advised motorists to observe traffic rules and regulations to check road carnage in the state.